At DDB, one of the market’s leading Advertising Groups with 60+ years of presence, we are looking for a nice and talented Account Director that will be part of the future success of the company by successfully managing our clients’ business in a media agnostic environment. The role resides in the Client Service Dept, and reports to a Business Unit Director.
If you are somebody that just moves the project to the next desk, you are not who we are looking for!
Who are you
You hold a master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Economics or related fields and have a great command of the Greek and English language, verbally and written and surely you are a PowerPoint master.
We need you to have more than 7 years of experience in the Advertising or Marketing industry. We do need you to have already tamed all the nitty gritty that come with running communication plans in the media agnostic world and we need you to feel ready for the responsibilities of a middle level management position.
You are orderly by design. You know how to keep deadlines and make sure the process works smoothly.
Above all, you are nice and talented!
Let’s break down what that means for us.
- You have a positive attitude, seeing the opportunity even in a problem. You have a winner’s attitude and a “can do” mentality.
- You care not only about your job and your team but for the whole company. Everyone wants to collaborate with you. Long story short: company > your team > yourself.
- You are self-driven, but you also have the charisma to motivate the ones around you. You can connect those dots to create the big picture.
- You are talented in a way that you raise the bar for the whole team.
- Your work has a real impact on the business of DDB and most importantly on your client’s business. Impact doesn’t translate in the volume of work you manage but is more about the quality of your outcome.
Our founder Bill Bernbach once said, “Life is too short to sacrifice so much of it, to living with a “bastard”.
What’s your day-to-day
In regard to the clients’ goals
- Build strong, long-term partnerships with the clients.
- Create and maintain direct contact with the managers on the clients’ side.
- Understand the client’s needs and expectations and ensure they are exceeded while balancing them with what is feasible to be delivered by the company.
- Research and suggest innovative practices of reaching clients’ business goals through accountable techniques.
- Apply continuous communication with clients to proactively manage issues or problems
- Plan and approve strategies and assets.
- Stay aware of the client’s competition, evaluate, and share with client performance and actions.
- Be accountable for the client’s budget and its allocation. Follow up on the invoicing.
b. In regard to the company’s goals
- Understand and practice a 360 holistic view of communication techniques.
- Ensure the accounts profitability by following up on projects’ evolution, balancing team hours and budget, while optimizing the quality of the offered services.
- Grow existing accounts.
- Act as a gatekeeper of the creative output and the total offering of the company to the team’s clients and ensure the above match successfully the standards of the company as well as the client’s expectations.
- Create reports on campaigns’ progress and evaluate KPIs.
- Support the company’s initiatives in pro bono activities.
May need to mentor and support more junior members of the team, such as account managers, supervisors or executives.
Are you up for it?
If yes, here’s what we offer in return.
At DDB, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, and gender identity.
Here is what we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Continuous hard and soft skills training & development
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally
- Ongoing strengths and skills-based evaluation process
- Α opportunity to develop your career through working for some of the market’s leading brands, in a workplace free of “divas” and politics
- An inspiring workplace (whether at the office or hybrid)
- A smooth onboarding experience